Welcome to the Home of the S.E. T-Birds, the best youth football program in the West Texas region! As we celebrate our 62th year of T-Birds football, we are proud to say that we are the oldest youth organization in El Paso, with a long-standing tradition of excellence. Our program has accumulated hundreds of championships, including over 62 little bowl titles, a State Championship, and hundreds of division championships. Our staff of dedicated volunteer coaches takes great pride in teaching fundamentals and old-school hard knocks football.
Since 1962, T-Bird Youth Football and Cheer has been committed to the growth and development of youth football players and cheerleaders ages 4-13 years old. Whether you are a returning player, a first-year participant, or one of our thousands of ex-players and cheer families, we would like to extend our warmest greetings to you and hope that this season proves to be a fun and rewarding experience. Football is an excellent team sport that teaches young men how to work hard, develop commitment, loyalty, and pride. Many of our players have come through our youth program and have gone on to do great things at the high school, college, and even the pro level.
T-Bird Youth Football and Cheerleading is a volunteer organization, and our success is because of the dedication and commitment of our volunteers and families. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all family members who have volunteered their time and talents this upcoming season.
Lastly, we thank you for entrusting us with your most treasured "possession," your child. Our number one goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable, and rewarding experience for your child. We appreciate your interest and continued support, and we hope that we have an exciting and rewarding football and cheerleading season.
Remember, once a T-Bird, always a T-Bird!
Due to custom uniform orders that take 3-4 weeks to deliver, registration will close on March 4th. All uniforms will be by the 4th to insure they are delivered for the 1st game.
Any player who is not registered, paid, March 4th will not have a uniform and cannot play the first or second game. Players can practice but no play in games without a uniform until the second order of uniforms are ordered and delivered.
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON PRACTICE TIMES & LOCATION
1st Practice is scheduled for the 27th at 6:30 pm at DEL VALLE HIGH SCHOOL under the lights. (Main football field).
Rules to follow-
NOTICE TO ALL...
No seeds or gum allowed in the stadium.
Parking is only available at the front of the school. The rear parking is not accessible.
No one is allowed on the track, field or the sidelines only players and coaches. All parents please sit in the stands. Please pick up your trash before you leave so we don't overstay our welcome.
NO EQUIPMENT NEEDED
Players should bring a bottled water bottle and shorts and cleats if they have them. We are not in full pads yet. Do not jump on the field until your coach is there.
Look forward to seeing all of you out there Tuesday.
Practice will return to Vista Del Valle Park on the corder of Hawkins and Viscount after March 10th when the time changes.
We will have new T-Birds Pride shirts available at a discounted price for pre-order purchase while you register.
Take advantage of ordering early. Pre-order is priced at $13 and will go up to $16 once registration is done. All pre-orders guarantee delivery before the first game.
We will no longer be selling gear at games.
T-Bird Logo Policy
Under no circumstances is the T-Bird logo used for any apparel without the authorized permission from the director. Money raised from apparel goes back to support the program and its many interests for the kids. Again, thank you for all your support and show your pride at your kid’s games with T-Bird Gear. Go Birds!!.
Deadline for registration and uniform order is March 4th.
Registration and Uniforms:
Director C.R. Villalva contact number 915-342-0866 Coach Juan 10-11 915-892-4632 Coach Serrano 8-9 915-929-2821
Custom Hoodies will need to be placed by Thursday
October 26th. Only Pre order available. We will not have extra's. Only those who paid by Thursday to your team Mom will be placed. For additional info
Please reach out to C.R. 915-342-0866
Youth sizes $30
Adult sizes Small-XL $35
Adult sizes 2X-4X $40
8-ounce, 50/50 cotton/poly
Double-needle stitching at waistband and cuffs
Double-lined hood with dyed-to-match drawcord
1x1 rib knit cuffs and waistband with spandex
Front pouch pocket
Dear Parents and Coaches,
T-Birds lets lead by example. The number one thing you can do to keep your neighborhood and the park we use is to keep it clean and sets a litter-free example for others.
We don’t ask that you clean up after others – if you would like to do that, we thank you – we are just asking that you leave the park the way you found it and clean up after yourself.
Helping out is easy! Some easy ways you can help keep our park clean and beautiful include:
By working together, we can ensure that our parks and open spaces remain clean, safe and beautiful for residents and visitors to enjoy for years to come.
Thank you for doing your part!
T-Birds Football program will continue to follow a “Zero Tolerance” policy regarding inappropriate behavior. This policy will encompass all interactions during the course of the pre-season, regular season and post-season, which shall include but not be limited to the following: practices, games, opening day ceremonies, all-stars, tournaments and any other league sponsored event(s). By registering your child with the T-Bird Program you are agreeing to abide by this policy.
Our sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, and grandchildren far too often watch many of us forget the real reason for being involved in youth sports. In the Directors opinion, this is reason for a “Zero Tolerance” policy. We must promote fair play, good sportsmanship and teach our children how to play the game. We feel it is everyone’s responsibility to teach the players that there is more to the game than winning or losing and the final score. T-Bird organization takes this responsibility seriously. With that said the following statements will represent our position and more importantly constitute our “Zero Tolerance” policy from this point forward.
1. All persons involved with the T-Bird organization including parents/guardians, players, managers/coaches, shall abide by the Zero Tolerance Policy and all the rules governing the league.
2. It is the duty of all managers/coaches to control their players and spectators at all times.
3. Coaches should teach their players to respect the dignity of the game, the authority of its officials, the value of the opponent and the institutions they represent.
4. Coaches shall confine their discussions with the opposing team and game officials to interpretation of the rules and NOT challenge an umpire’s judgment call. Head coaches are our leaders on the field and the only ones who officials should hear from.
5. Cursing, obscene, or threatening gestures or language, harassment of any kind, malicious or personal remarks between opponents, players, spectators, officials or our own coaches on or off the field will not be tolerated and will be subject to disciplinary action. Anyone in violation will be immediately removed from the field or field area and forbidden to return until disciplinary action(s)/decision(s) have been made.
6. Telephone/Verbal/Email/Social Media/In-person assaults, harassment and/ or threats are strictly forbidden. Coaches/Parents with sensitive questions, coaching/player problems or moral/ethical issues that may require directors intervention, will not email, call, text, Facebook, or Tweet team parents, or coaches, Violation of this policy will result in immediate disciplinary action.
7. Any and all questions, concerns or reports regarding a disciplinary problem(s) and or action(s) can be directed in person to the director or by email at “firstname.lastname@example.org” Any and all information and concerns are strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone other than the parties involved.
8. Absolutely “NO” clothing or gear with T-Bird logo is allowed to be made, distributed, or sold without the expressed permission of the Director. If you want to produce gear for fundraising please reach out to director to discuss a plan to do so.
ANY ONE OF THESE WILL BE ACCEPTED. YOU ONLY NEED ONE OF THESE
Player Registration Fee $5 for ID Card
Parents will need to take a 10 min class slideshow and parent fee is $7
Players Must Have ID card with certified parent class to play.
EL PASO, Texas (CBS4) — The high school football season won't just be about blocking and tackling for Jefferson High School football player Miguel Armendariz.
The senior offensive lineman is dedicating the season to his mother, who passed away from a sudden heart attack this past December.
It’s my last season and I’m trying to play my best especially for her because she would always go to my games, my family would always go to my games," Armendariz said. "She was a big supporter, ever since I was a little kid playing Pee Wee football.
But life has really become difficult for Armendariz and his family since the coronavirus pandemic. Their family-owned salon was forced to shut down, his self-employed father has seen business decrease, and his brother got laid-off.
"The income just went to zero in days, so I went and got a job to try and help out," Armendariz said.
He took a job as a landscaper which requires waking-up at 5 a.m. and working in 100-degree temperatures. Football, however, is something he uses as an escape.
“Once you put the pads on, your mind clears out and when you’re playing and you hear the crowds, it’s the greatest feeling ever," Armendariz said. "There’s nothing you can compare it with, it’s my life.”
Amazing season for our 7U had 14 and 0. 13 strong players. Great coaching super parents and the best 7 year old's in the great state of Texas! Congratulations boys!!!
Congrats to our 8u players and coaches on winning the Arizona Tournament. T-Bird Family Proud of you all!!!!
Want to thank all the folks at KOMATUSU for all their help and support.....